Friday, November 10, 2006

my worst fear.

is that god is a disincarnate entity sitting in a high place creating all of this and allowing us free will on top of all that.

that would be a cruel fate.

my father expained his theology to me that way when i was a child and i was horrified. i though what kind of sick joker would create things that way........and then send his agents down to convince us to worship him on top of all that.

it sounded more like the actions of some imagined tyrant.

stop imagining tyrants and they won`t continue to appear.

imagine yourself being able to provide for yourself and your family and living a happy life of provision and abundance.

2 comments:

serenity said...

Dr. Alistair,
Very interesting post. It is fascinating to me when I consider the kind of God that people are so eager to worship. A God of ego, a God of revenge, a God with wrath and anger, a God who purposely allows suffering and evil, a God who tells people to go to war and kill one another. And this is the God of their adoration?

Thank you for stopping by my blog home today and sharing your experience and your thoughts. You enriched and blessed my day with your presence and your words.

Peaceful blessings of joy and peace be with you.

Dr.Alistair said...

it`s up to us to not be egocentric or wrathful or angry or allow suffering and evil.......or tell people to go war and kill one another.
we tend to create gods in our image and then worship them.
that`s why i choose to have my god within me, and i`m heartened to know there are others who feel the same.

blessing to you also.