what is mind? we think of mind as contained within the brain, protected and safe within the skull, going with us wherever we go. 99% of the time reality is consistant with this view. but what happens when we daydream and imagine ourselves on a beach in the sun somewhere instead of at work, or driving miles past our exit on the highway, oblivious to the functions of operating a vehicle?
the association with mind and brain is consistant 99% of the time. the other 1% of mind function is purely consciousness. this consciousness is the repository of all of what we see, hear, taste, feel and smell as memories.
consciousness is a memory machine.
there are actually two minds operating here simutaniously. the observer mind and the operator. you can prove this simply by realising that you can see yourself doing things as you do them and recognising the actions by describing yourself in the third person as you go.
" here i go, opening the door for my girlfriend". as it happens!
so there are two minds operating now. which one is in the skull, one, both or niether?
we have the vantage point of being behind our eyes looking out at the world. this gives the impression of consciousness being in the skull. but where are you when you are imagining yourself being in your skull typing at your laptop?
it has been said elsewhere that we are a spiritual being having a human experience. the limits of human, physical existance put limits on our spiritual potential....... until we begin to realise that the real you is a spirit entity of infinite creative potential. the proof lies in the achievements of those who recognise thier spiritual existance and begin to explore thier potential outside thier physical boundaries.
the evidence of the imagination and desire of humans manifest here in physical form is all around us. drawn down from the spirit to the material.
what you imagine becomes real given that you put enough energy into it.
we put energy into our imagination through meditation.