Thursday, March 15, 2007

interesting......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070315/sc_livescience/studyplayingvideogamesimproveseyesight

i have excellent eyesight for an old man and i have always thought that it was because i played soccer for years and have to spot changes in objects and trajectories over distance.

recently i got an x-box 360 and finally enjoyed playing racing games because the resoution of the medium distance was so much better that the first x-box console and i could better guage the braking speed and road shapes of corners in the gotham racing game.

the eye structure contains muscles, and if you excercise muscles they get stronger and work better.

makes sense.

4 comments:

BBC said...

This monkey doesn't fuck around with X Boxes and other games. Preferring to experiencing real life and experiences and making his own unique observations.

I do sometimes however play the Windows pinball game after hours on the computer because it's good eye exercise.

I prefer however trying to scan a hundred sets of boobs on bikes. But that's just me.

Dr.Alistair said...

well still, it`s gonna make your eyes do some work.......

Fleming said...

Alistair, I agree with you. My eyes are good for an old man and I give some credit to the PC games and the Nintendo games I've played on the big TV screen for the past 2-3 years. They keep the reflexes tuned as well, especially those SuperMario race courses! I recommend "Brain Age" to those who have the Nintendo DS to run it.

My mother didn't have computer games, but she made a point of doing crossword puzzles every day to exercise her brain . . . and she was still independent and taking care of herself when she was 93.

I've commented on more than eyes, but it all fits together with what you wrote.

Dr.Alistair said...

fleming, good morning and thanks for responding.

the body needs to be exercised and stimulated physically and energetically.

use it or lose it.