Thursday, July 05, 2007

greenhouse gasses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

my children are now entering into the grades where they are beginning to be exposed to physical concepts. weights, measures and other values are now being taught to them so that they will have a basis for futher study in these areas if they choose to.

so why the fuck are teachers allowed to misinform them about something as simple as greenhouse gasses?

it is common knowledge in science (the regular, non-environmental type.....) that 70% of the greenhouse gas in our atmosphere is comprised of water vapour due to evapouration. less that 10% is carbon dioxide of which 90% of that is due to resperation of vegitation and um, cows farting.

these teachers generally have high schoool science under their belts and so are actually ignoring these facts conveniently to deliver a biased political message to my children.

and i pay their salaries.

so when my eight year old asks me why we don`t go to see algore`s movie i tell him the truth.

inconvenient or otherwise.

9 comments:

brad4d said...

When I see things without foundation, I usually find that's where I'M sitting. Seeing the Joke of Reality relieves more tension than divorcing yourself from it.

Dr.Alistair said...

poetic......

acceptance.

thanks.

Anonymous said...

They didn't give us the scientific facts about it whne I was their age... slightly over a decade ago... and things have changed radically since then. I don't know if it's so much a political message as it is simplification for a younger crowd. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't teach it, but that's the fault of the curriculum in general - it's too broad and thus you learn a lot and nothing. My parents taught me more than my teachers, unfortunately.

Dr.Alistair said...

well, i understand how to strucure an arguement, and these people who take and environmental position bank on the resentment of some and the ignorance of others to position themselves politically.

if i`m dying in twenty years and my kids can`t breathe it`s not because algore went unheaded.

Unknown said...

LOL! This topic has really got your goat Dr.A.

Dr.Alistair said...

richardo, it has, because ignorance is a learned behaviour.

the role of the education industry is to get us to sit still for extended periods of time and do boring repetitive tasks....like a robot......and to accept utter nonsense as fact.

my father was a scientist and taught me to think things through and to ask the difficult questions first.....

like, what next?

it works like this.....

if we continue to tax energy consumption what will happen?

cars will get smaller and
energy costs will creep up.

and nothing else.

we have this idea somewhere in our minds that if we give more money to the government that they will stop the planet heating up.

every other time we give them money they spend it on liquor and women.......why would this be any different?

Dr.Alistair said...

anonymous, a simplification would be just that. the curriculum is deliberately biased.

the algore movie is shown in school here to eight year-olds.

it is an ideological infomercial.

my father taught me the mechanics of thinking so that i could go and get information and over time see a broader perspective to a situation.

brad4d said...

"learned ignorance" is my oxymoron of the day ~ paradox should neutralize inevitable argument used to distract the fact that climates change and that humans should take more responsibility for what is being done for (& by) them. Intending to stop the flow of information is a "telling" behavior.

Dr.Alistair said...

once again brad4d a poetic and hypnotic response.........

the question i have to ask of you is who do you see as stopping the flow of information?