Saturday, June 03, 2006

guitar show.

my friend chris and i took my boys and ourselves to a guitar show in north toronto today and wandered around for hours looking at guitars that we couldn`t afford, but i did bring my camera and managed to capture some images of wild beasts from darkest america. my head is still reeling from seeing the `57 les paul gold top and playing the `68 les paul gold top. i got some shots of some old s.g.s and a really nice blue hagstrom and i caught chris eyeing an old gretch. i have a feeling he was having a feeling right then...............
more to come later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had a feeling about the 1956 Gretsch, that 1962 Rickenbacker with some severe patina (which made it even more appealing because it showed a guitar life lived for someone), lots of old and beautiful Gibson hollow-body electrics, etc. Like Dr. Alistair said, don't put things off until tomorrow. Pursue what interests you with passion, now and always; you are never too old and it is never too late to enlighten yourself. I wish I had pursued guitar playing and the history and beauty of the instruments 20 years ago with the same zeal I do now. I am still waiting to see more pictures of the aforementioned instruments of darkest America that were caught on film from yesterday's vintage guitar show.

Dr.Alistair said...

yes, there`s not a day goes by without my experience with the passion for the guitar. a few moments with that `68 gave me some ideas..........